haven't cooked all week
last week cooked everyday (tho that was poverty induced)
3 words: Mo Scat OH
So what up y'all? It's been a minute. So I thought I'd drop a proper blog to catch up. Hmmmm so whats been up with me?
When Harlem Came to Paris extraveganza by Lil So So Productions . I wrote an essay and she called and said she would like me to be a part. Ha! what do you think of that. I tried and it worked out. It was a great night and I looked fabulous. I may rethink the whole natural girl no make up thing cuz jeez it makes a heck of a difference. Maybe not skin but definitely eyes. Oh and I had to perform a bit too. I wasn't scared at all and I think I did okay. So much so that I was brave enough to do open mic a couple of weeks ago. And I know I did more than okay. Talent is confirmed. Feeling pretty confident. I did a few more brave things:
- submitted work to DC Writer's competition (i'm still in the running made it through first round)
- submitted work to Poet Lore and Poetry online mag
- submitted story to The Sun
Anyway, I want to have that Sunday kind of love. A love that last past saturday. I keep finding Frosted Shredded Wheat love. You know how frosted shredded wheat starts out all tasty, but then when you get down to it, is just as dry and tasteless as regular shredded wheat. I mean shredded wheat tastes like straw flavored dirt. And that frosting is just a tease to divert your attention from the dirt taste. So yeah I'm looking for some sugar pops or fruit loops or cinammon toast crunch type action.
- Continue working on the thing that will change public education as we know it (more information as it is confirmed and publicized)
- More open mics (but I'm pretty sure I could swing a feature. I got mad personality, son!)
- finish the book proposal from hell. (agents be making you jump through hoops, yo)
- finalize promotional pics and while i'm at it some pics of my beautiful sons
- lock down some summer adventures
- attend and have fun and learn at the black writers conference in Atlanta in June